Thank you. Thank you. Thank you all so much for participating in the Fall Festivals the past few weeks. It's been so much fun and so inspirational!
I decorated our back patio for fall this past week. I still want to get some more pumpkins, but here's what the back of our house looks like now. All festive and ready for a Fall Festival spotlight. In case you're wondering - we do not have a front door. Yea. Strange, huh? Previous owners built a room over the front entry and it's one of those projects that we'll work on down the road. (Dear HGTV, if reading this, we'd be an ideal candidate for Curb Appeal! Call me! lol Darn that TruValue for not considering my home FULL of DIY projects too!) Anyway...that's why you won't see my front entry. I have window and a brick chimney facing the road. Welcoming, isn't it? Some day. ANYWAY - This is where we enter the house. I hope to do a little decorating for Halloween in the barn this week and finish making the grape arbor a little festive.
I decorated my window boxes with things from the yard. Birch bark, grapes, leaves, pinecones and silver dollar plants. Since it's a short time between now and Christmas...I wanted an inexpensive option. I love how they turned out and the best part - FREE decor!
Mini metamorphosis. These guys before:
Now after a coat of oil rubbed bronze spray paint:
In my house # pots (tutorial here), I replaced my pansies with pumpkins (painted with simple metallic stripes). I grabbed some sunflowers and mini pumpkins today today.
I also gathered up some branches from the yard (we lost a couple of branches due to storms) to create swags over the French doors (held in place with s-hooks). My wreaths are from last year.
Mr. DIY's herb garden received a little autumn magic with a clean up, cabbage, teeny pumpkins, a lantern and some acorns.
Remember the nibbled pinecones? I added them to my Juniper.
Along with some acorn-filler (from the yard).
Look at my yard! I'm not kidding when I say the squirrels are bombing! I actually almost landed flat on my back today. It's like walking on marbles.
If you're interested in making your own, I wrote a tutorial. DIY Custom Doormat HERE. :)
What is the Fall Festival?
- A blog party on Mondays during the autumn season
- Autumn/Fall inspired DIY projects
- Create a blog post about an Autumn/Fall project that you've done
- Add your blog name and project to Mcklinky (example: The DIY Show off - House # Pumpkins)
- Type in the permalink address, not your basic blog address. A permalink is the address that links directly to your specific post. (example: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/08/house-number-pumpkins)
- You must use The DIY Show Off Fall Festival button and link back to The DIY Show Off Fall Festival post so that everyone gets to join in the fun. Here is the button:
- Grab the button/html code on the left side bar and insert into your blog post to let others know you're joining the fun.
- I'll be posting The DIY Show Off Fall Festival on Mondays and try to start the party sometime on the prior Sunday evening.
- Although a tutorial is helpful, it's not required. Anything autumn related and DIY is permitted.
- Please follow all steps above or your link won't be posted. :(
- If you've been inspired by something you see here - show us what you did too!
- Enjoy and be inspired!
- If your linking - I'll DEFINITELY be stopping by to check it out and comment. One of the fun things about a smaller party is there's time to visit with everyone participating, right? I really enjoy seeing all of your creative ideas and inspiration and leaving you a personal note.
Here is the link to all of the Fall Festivals if you're new to the Fall Festival: HAPPY FALL!