My love of DIY is sometimes madness! We have an empty nest this year. We planned a vacation in December because it sounded good at the time to get away while it's cold and snowy here and escape to somewhere warm and toasty. However, it's a busy time of year. I'm in a bit of a holiday panic. Since we have so much going on, I thought I'd only put up our smaller pre-lit tree in the living room instead of our monster not pre-lit. I rearranged furniture, vacuumed all over, set up and fluffed the little tree. I didn't realize it was so little - it looked lost. Sad, really. I don't think I even needed to rearrange furniture. It just wasn't going to work. I had to bring up the monster.
So...time to move the little tree to our little sitting room. Only the walls were dingy. A DIY girl cannot decorate and just add Christmas to a blah sitting room! Of course not! So, 4 days before our trip (I hadn't even packed yet)...I decided to freshen up the walls in our sitting room so that the tree would be happy there.
Sitting room before: I loved the color...it was just scuffed up and scratched and even dirty.
(prepping the room to paint)
Armed with Dutch Boy's Refresh paint and my Purdy paintbrush...I had this room repainted in no time flat! One coat. No taping.
You can see the difference here in progress. New wet paint...
Pretty new color is Dutch Boy's Ypsilanti Skies (yes, I had to go look that up to spell it right only to discover that spell check already knew)....
Now it's a lot fresher and brighter. I love the light blue/gray with the cherry furniture and green from the Christmas tree.
I even made a sign for our coat closet...
More after pictures:
DIY Ornament Wreath tutorial by Mommy is Coo Coo
Mine is a gift. Thanks, Amanda!
I'll be sharing a tutorial for the DIY curtain rod and DIY script dropcloth curtains and more coming soon! :)
Let's see what you've been up to!
1. You must use the button above (ADD BUTTON HTML CODE FROM SIDE BAR TO YOUR POST) and link to this post to share the linky love. You post must be recent, shared at one DIY Project Parade only (not continuously) and be DIY related.
2.Include your name or blog name and project title. Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your DIY project post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
3.Or email your link to email@example.com and I will add it for you.
4.If you notice your link has disappeared -please add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today, a button or a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone's links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also - this blog party is for DIY projects only. Links not related to DIY will be deleted. Please share your link one week only.
5. If reading this in an email, pop over to http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com to see the inspiring DIY projects linked up!
6. If you have a Holiday link to share, feel free to link up to here too!
7. NOW you can "like" the links! What a fun idea! Most liked links may be included in a post of DIY Project Parade highlights later in the week.
8. Visit a few other links to make some new friends, get some creative ideas and feel free to leave me a comment. I'm likely sitting here on the computer and could use a happy distraction!